Friday, August 28, 2009

Easy Chicken Curry with Pumpkin Puree


Easy Chicken - Cut up chicken (I used breast) into one inch slices. Brown in some coconut oil (I used the leftover bacon grease from this morning), add some red onion and garlic and sautee for 2-3 minutes. Add about a 1/4 cup of chicken broth (more if you're using a lot of meat) and curry powder. Simmer and cover for 8-10 minutes. Take lid off and let the sauce thicken. YUM!

Pumpkin Puree - I steamed a little pumpkin, let it cool, and then put it in a food proccessor with some of the water that I used to steam it (so it had the pumpkin juices). Then, when I was ready to eat it, I just heated it up in a pan and then added some raw cream. I didn't need any seasoning or salt even.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Hi-

    I met you this morning at the raw milk presentation. I'm excited to start following your blog and get/share food ideas! Check out mine too :)

    Diane
    http://balancedbites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete